2 different versions of the Ink Business Cash Credit Card
Chase offers two different flavors of its Ink Business Cash cards:
- Chase Ink Business Cash: The cornerstone card of Chase’s Ink series, the Ink Business Cash card has a 0% intro APR for 12 months, no annual fee, 5% / 2% / 1% tiered structure for cash back, and a $300 signup bonus (if you spend $3000 in 3 months after opening)
- Chase Ink Business Cash Preferred: The Ink Business Cash Preferred has an 80,000 bonus for new signups if you spend $5000 within 3 months of opening an account. Its $95 yearly fee is offset by 3x bonus points for spending in specific business categories.
The two different versions provide a smattering of options for businesses looking to get cash back on their purchases.
Ink Business Cash for Business: The details
|Rewards||5% cash back (on first $25,000 on office supplies, internet, cable and phone)
2% cash back (on first $25,000 at gas stations and restaurants)
1% unlimited on all other spending
|Sign up bonus||$300 if you spend $3000 within 3 months of opening|
|Foreign transaction fee||3%|
Ink Business Cash rewards program
Tiered rewards based on spending categories: The Chase Ink Business Cash card accrues points, which can be redeemed into money. Each $1 in Cash Back rewards earned is equal to 100 points
There’s three different levels of earning rewards for Ink Business Cash card holders:
- 5% cash back: The Ink Business Cash card offers 5% cash back on the first $25,000 yearly spent on office supplies, internet/cable/telephone service.
- 2% cash back: Holders can get 2% cash back on the first $25k spent at gas stations and restaurants during an anniversary year.
- 1% cash back: Receive an unlimited 1% for all other spending on the Ink Business Cash card
The Ink Business Cash card is most useful for spending on office supplies and telecommunication services, as well as gas and restaurants.
$300 sign up bonus: New holders of the card can receive $300 cash back if they spend $3000 within 3 months after opening the card.
Other benefits of the Ink Business Cash Card
$0 annual fee: The Ink Business Cash Card doesn’t charge an annual fee (not like other cards that may waive an annual fee for the first year).
There are few $0 annual fee cards out there that also offer a cash reward as a signing bonus.
0% intro APR: The Chase Ink Business Cash Card has a 0% introductory APR rate for 12 months after account opening on purchases and balance transfers. After that, the APR will reset somewhere from 14.24% – 20.24% variable APR, depending on you and your business’ credit score.
Free employee cards: It’s free to add additional cards to your account, so you can add employees or partners to your account at no cost. You can track their purchases and you’ll earn cash back from their spending, as well.
Visa savings: The Spark Cash for Business is a Visa card and comes with the usual benefits that accompany Visa cards, like Visa SavingsEdge, which is essentially just a network of merchants that offer up to 15% discounts to Visa card holders.
Reports to credit bureaus: It’s not always a given that a business credit card reports to the business credit bureaus, like Dun and Bradstreet or Experian. The Ink Business Cash card does indeed report to the business credit bureaus.
Is the Chase Ink Business Cash Card right for your business?
The Ink Business Cash is a great all-around card that provides high levels of cash back in specific categories. Combined with a $0 annual fee and a $300 signup bonus, Chase’s Ink Business Cash card deserves a spot in your wallet.